Plumbing Courses at Nomanzi Plumbing School
Based in Pretoria, Nomanzi Plumbing School offers two full-time plumbing short courses to address the demand for affordable plumbing skills development. You will learn the industry standards, theory, and practical skills of specific plumbing tasks. The short courses require no formal exams. Learners find the courses valuable because the content is relevant, up to date, and helps them improve their job performance in the plumbing field. They are perfect for self-development and demonstrate your willingness to learn to employers thereby increasing your ability to find a job or get a better job.
All the short courses are facilitated and assessed by registered, qualified, and experienced plumbing professionals.
If you have Grade 9 and 3 years of plumbing work experience contact Nomanzi Trade College for your trade test.
Course start dates.
At Nomanzi Plumbing School you can start anytime during the year. Courses start every Monday throughout the year from mid-January until the beginning of November. Classes run from Mondays to Fridays from 07:30 to 13:00.
You will not write an examination for any of the plumbing short courses.
There is no supervised or final assessment in any of the plumbing short courses.
Status: The 5-day and 15-day plumbing short courses offer different learning outcomes.
Reward: You will receive a certificate of attendance after the successful completion of the course.
• Completion of Grade 9
• The ability to read and write in English.
• You must be 16 years or older.
• No experience is required. Previous plumbing experience will be an advantage.
Beginner Plumbing Course
The price of the 5-day beginner plumbing course is R5 000. This includes a theory textbook of the material covered in this 5-day plumbing course plus your certificate of attendance.
What will you learn in the beginner plumbing course?
You will learn how to:
- Install a high-pressure geyser.
- Install a washbasin and sink.
- Install a below-ground drainage system.
- Install a shower.
- Install a water closet (toilet).
Basic Plumbing Course
The price of the 15-day basic plumbing course is R10 000. This includes a theory textbook of the material covered in this 15-day plumbing course plus your certificate of attendance.
What will you learn in the basic plumbing course?
In the basic plumbing course you will acquire plumbing skills in the areas of:
- All plumbing maintenance.
- Clearing of blockages.
- Cold water systems and hot water systems.
- Cut, bend, and assemble copper pipe work.
- Cut, thread, and assemble GMS pipe work (galvanized mild steel).
- Inspect, maintain, and repair taps, valves, washbasins, showers, WC closet pedestals (toilets) and baths.
- Inspect, maintain, and repair geysers, drainpipes, drain fittings, soil water systems, and waste water systems.
- Install a below-ground and above ground drainage system.
- Install a high-pressure geyser, a washbasin, a shower, a WC closet pedestal (toilet), a bath and taps.
- Repairs and alterations to existing copper pipe work and GMS pipe work (galvanized mild steel).
- Safety and tools.
- Set-out and determine levels for underground drainage systems.